Friday, April 30, 2010

My Friday Five Grateful List

The longer we live the more it seems that we become set in our ways. We develop routines as we prefer how things should be... a “hardening of the attitudes.” Now I am starting to get into another routine, which I enjoy... and that is to stop once a week and make a little list of some of the things that I am most grateful for. I believe this is a good thing and will richly reward me or anyone who takes to the time be thankful.

“Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation.”
–Brian Tracy

1. I am thankful for the Bible and for the handy “app” on my I-phone that lets me read it easily anytime or anywhere. It has become one of my favourite apps. I will easily read the whole Bible thru this year on my phone. One of my favourite places to read is in bed. If I wake up in the middle of night I often read several chapters... and when I start to get drowsy I just lay it down, roll over and go back to sleep.

2. I am thankful to be loved. There is nothing more comforting than to know that your wife, your children and your grandchildren love you... and that they tell you they love you. PTL!  I just love this first photograph that my sweetheart gave me in highschool.

3. I am thankful for good health. It may not be perfect, but it is pretty good... and I am working every day to improve. I am thankful that I can run and be physically active every day.  I am enjoying building rock walls and building some new trail on the steep hillside towards the tree house.
4. I am thankful for spring. I love this season of the year, as life comes to all the trees and the flowers bloom. I love to take photos of nature and spring provides such wonderful opportunities to capture the first blossoms.
5. I am thankful for the Internet. In spite of the problems we have been having with our ISP... it is still so wonderful to be able to access the world of knowledge so easily. What a wonderful invention! And to be able to share with others in this blog and keep in touch with friends and family is pretty cool.  To  be able to send and recieve emails... totally awesome!  Don't ever take it for granted.

"An attitude of gratitude creates blessings." -Sir John Marks Templeton

No comments:

Post a Comment