There are Just For Today poems for 10-step AA members, mothers with austic children, teens, parents, cowboys, fishermen... you name it.
After reading many of them, I decided it would be fun to write my own. So here is my Thursday 13...
the lighthouse at Georgina Point, Mayne Island, BC
1. Just for today I will thank God for life and and ask Him to nudge me so I see the opportunities that He sends my way. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths." -Proverbs 3:5, 6
2. Just for today I will do the most important thing first.
“The key is not to prioritize what's on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities.” -Stephen R. Covey
3. Just for today I will keep my eyes open to see the beauty in the world around me and if possible capture it in a photo. "We do not remember days, we remember moments." -Cesare Pavese
4. Just for today I will be happy. Abe Lincoln said it best, "Most folks are about as happy as they make up their mind to be."
5. Just for today I will be generous with my hugs. “We need 4 hugs a day for survival. We need 8 hugs a day for maintenance. We need 12 hugs a day for growth.” Virginia Satir.
6. Just for today I will spend one hour walking or jogging. "I have to exercise in the morning before my brain figures out what I'm doing." -Marsha Doble
7. Just for today I will eat the best quality foods in moderation. "Moderation is not about enjoying less but about enjoying better. It allows me to be the master and not the slave of my pleasures."
8. Just for today I will try to learn one new thing that will help me on the computer. Photoshop is one thing I want to learn. “We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand…and melting like a snowflake. Let us use it before it’s too late.” -Marie Beynon
9. Just for today I will do something for someone with kindness. "Today I will commit one random act of senseless kindness. Will You?" -Chuck Wall
10. Just for today I will look for the good around me and compliment rather than criticise. "You can catch a lot more flies with honey than with vinegar... but a dead squirrel also works!" -Woody Harrelson
11. Just for today I will do one thing I really don't want to do. We have squirrels wreaking havoc in our roof. They are moving in and setting up home... and I cannot entice them out, so I have bought a trap. These cute little buggers havc crossed the line with me. "To every thing there is a season. and a time for every purpose under heaven. A time to kill and a time to heal." -Ecclesiastes 3:1, 3
12. Just for today I will do something fun with my sweetheart. Something spontaneous. "Love is friendship set on fire." -Jeremy Irons
13. Just for today I will not hate. I will forgive the one who hurt me. "Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them -and then you destroy yourself." -Richard M. Nixon
Please share with me one "Just for Today" thing that is on your list.
For other Thursday 13 participants click here.