Saturday, August 14, 2010

Happy Anniversary, Sweetheart

This weekend we are celebrating 44 years together.  My good wife has such a gift with words.  Her poem about me, What a Guy, I think verifies it.  I am not such a talented wordsmith... but in the style of Measure Once, Cut Twice, here is my anniversary poem.

Roses are not always red,
And violets can be more than blue;
Nectarines are also sweet,
And I am not a poet,
But I sure do love you!

We did not go the same school, but I think the same photographer hit all the schools in Alberta, so here are our third grade pictures.  What are the odds that we would find each other?


I still have fond memories of Shirley giving me her first picture... and it is still on my desk. It will always be a most treasured possession.  Shirley was my only girl friend... and what a friend she has been... a friend for life!

We drove down to Dinner Bay Park a few evenings ago.  Did a little putting, took a few photos of the sunset and went for a long walk together.

Our wedding happened 44 years ago... but the celebration is still going on today!

"Without love, what are we worth? Eighty-nine cents! Eighty-nine cents worth of chemicals walking around lonely." -M*A*S*H, Hawkeye




4 comments:

  1. i especially love your 3rd grade pictures--priceless--and hope you both have an awesome anniversary day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a lovely anniversary; 44 years is nothing to sniff at! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. But 44 still feels like yesterday most days! Thank you for the words Sherwin...but mostly for the actions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary Sherwin and Shirley... beautiful post to love and life long friendship.

    ReplyDelete