Sunday, August 25, 2019

The Omnipresence of God

Great sunsets on Mayne Island are common

8. God Is Omnipresent – He Is Always Everywhere
om·ni·pres·ence
/ˌämnəˈprez(ə)ns/
noun
noun: omnipresence
  1. the state of being widespread or constantly encountered.
    "the omnipresence of the Internet in society today"
    • the presence of God everywhere at the same time.
      "how does God's universal action prove His omnipresence?"

1.  God is everywhere present… at the same time… in the fullness of all that He is.

“Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? If I ascend to heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there. If I take the wings of the dawn, If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea, even there Your hand will lead me, And Your right hand will lay hold of me.”–Psalm 139:7-10

To be omnipresent is to be in all places, at all times. Yet, it is important to understand that for God “to be” in a place is not the same way we are in a place. God’s being is all together different from physical matter. He exists on a plane totally different from what we know and experience with our five senses. How awesome is that?

“The eyes of the Lord are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.”–Psalms 15:3


For You, Lord, are most high above all the earth;  You are exalted far above all gods.”–Psalm 97:9  

"I live in a high and holy place, but also with the one who is contrite and lowly in spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly and to revive the heart of the contrite.”–Isaiah 57:15 
Walking the Rail Trail by Kalamalka Lake, Vernon BC.
He is always with us, thru good times and bad. He was with Daniel in the lion's den… and he was with the three Hebrews in the fiery furnace.  

“Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.”–Psalm 23:4   


"He has granted us His precious and magnificent promises, in order that we might become partakers of the divine nature..." -2 Peter 1:4


 “Thou wilt make known to me the path of life; In Thy presence is fullness of joy; In Thy right hand are pleasures forever.” –Psalm 16:11

2 comments:

  1. Have just been studying some of the Psalms you quote, and agree, we serve an awesome and omnipresent God. Thanks for sharing this, friend Sherwin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The joy worshipping God increases as our knowledge of His attributes increases. Thank you for commenting.

    ReplyDelete