Thursday, May 17, 2012

Where There's Smoke There's Fire

"When lightening struck the plane of newly elected French President Francois Hollande yesterday while he was on his way to meet with German Chancellor Angela Merkel, I had a sudden dark thought that nothing would ever go right in the global economy ever again."  
-Jim Jabak

But Hollande's plane safely returned to Paris and the French President, bundled onto a new plane, arrived in Berlin for his talks with Merkel.

There are so many "good signs" that things are getting better.  

US house sales were higher in April over March by 2.6%... Auto sales were strongest in four years, rising 3.9% in April.

Yet with all the good news the stock market keeps sliding south.

Facebook is about to launch the largest IPO in history...

While some are hearing the band playing "Nearer My God to Thee?"

Is this the beginning of the end, yet again?

Could all the good news in the US save the falling Euro?

Will I have to be struck by lightning before I can see the writing on the wall?


I think it would be easier for Shelby to lift this fallen tree off the path than for the global economy to improve.  But what do I know? I'm just one of the many looking for the EXIT in a burning building.


This photo taken on the Clatsop Loop Trail, Cannon Beach, Oregon... Thanksgiving weekend 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment